Health Care Reform: Options, Obligations and Opportunities
On Thursday, Dec. 12 at 2 p.m. ET, "Health Care Reform: Options, Obligations and Opportunities" will be presented by UBA. As part of the Wisdom Workplace series, the webinar will educate employees on their options, obligations and opportunities under PPACA.
Under PPACA, employers of different sizes have varying degrees of responsibility for providing their employees with health coverage that is both affordable and offers a minimum standard of coverage. In many instances, the best way for companies to meet these obligations is to help their employees enroll in medical coverage through the new, state-based health insurance exchanges.
While there have been delays to some of the central provisions of PPACA, employers still need to be planning now to ensure compliance in 2015, while other requirements remain in effect for 2014. In the meantime, despite delays and confusions, open enrollment for the health marketplaces has begun, raising questions about employee eligibility for federal tax credits and subsidies.
The webinar will address many of the key issues confronting employers in connection with the new health law. These include:
- Budgeting for potential penalties associated with PPACA's Play or Pay Mandate
- Building a total compensation strategy to avoid the 40 percent excise tax on health plans
- Moving beyond PPACA compliance to achieving greater control over health care benefits costs
- Offering a greater range of benefit options to employees, including the new health FSA carryover option
- Establishing employee eligibility for federal insurance subsidies and tax credits
Also, we will review the timeline for the new federal regulations, including all of the most recent updates and reporting requirements. In the process, employers and their brokers gain a better understanding what they should be doing over the next 13 months to comply with the new requirements, educate employees and make the most of the opportunities presented by health care reform.
To register for this webinar, click HERE.