Sept. Webinar: PPACA and 2013 - Are You Ready?
Health Care Reform: What's Coming in 2013?
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012 - 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT
Although the "main event" of health care reform does not take effect until 2014, sponsors and administrators of employer group health plans will not want to ignore a number of requirements taking effect in 2013. These include the following:
- The new summaries of benefits and coverage
- Issuance of the first W-2s that must report the value of employer-provided health coverage
- A $2,500 annual cap on salary reduction contributions to health flexible spending accounts
- An additional 0.9 percent Medicare tax on all wages in excess of $200,000
- Employers’ obligation to notify their employees of the new health care exchanges
- Payment of the first annual “comparative effectiveness fee” by health plans and insurers
- Additional first-dollar preventive care services (including the controversial contraceptive coverage)
Noncompliance with any of these health care reform requirements could result in stiff daily penalties. This webinar will provide practical guidance on how to comply with these requirements, thereby heading off those penalties.
To register or learn more, please contact us.
Kenneth A. Mason, Partner - Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
Ken, a partner with the firm, heads the Employee Benefits Group. He concentrates on ERISA and other aspects of employee benefits law, including both tax and fiduciary issues, substantial involvement with retirement and welfare plans, executive deferred compensation, federal employment discrimination statutes, and issues unique to governmental and other tax-exempt employers.
Julia M. Vander Weele, Partner - Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
Julia Vander Weele, a partner with Spencer Fane, practices in the firm's Employee Benefits Group. She is also a member of the ERISA Litigation Group. Prior to joining Spencer Fane, Julia worked as in-house counsel for Fortis Benefits Insurance Co., where she managed ERISA litigation and advised senior management on other ERISA issues related to group disability, life and dental products.
This series is brought to you by your Member Firm of United Benefit Advisors - a member-owned alliance of more than 140 premier independent benefit advisory firms and one of the nation's five largest employee benefits advisory organizations - and Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP, with offices throughout the Midwest and more than a century of experience providing legal counsel.