Jan. Webinar: New Retirement Plan Fee Disclosure Rules
Deadlines for the new 401(k) and 403(b) plan fee disclosure requirements are upon us. After months of delays, employers now must comply with these rules or risk violating their fiduciary duties, thereby exposing themselves to personal liability. What are businesses doing to evaluate their practices and maintain compliance with these new regulations? Who is responsible for preparing and distributing these disclosures? Join us for a 90-minute webinar in which we'll address these and other questions.
Participant Fee Disclosure Requirements:
- What impact will the new DOL fee disclosure regulations have on your plan?
- What steps should you take to comply?
- How can you establish protocols for responding to employee questions?
Service-Provider Disclosure Rules:
- How do the service-provider regulations change the way you'll work with 401(k) and 403(b) vendors?
- What should you expect from service providers in 2012?
- Are there tools you can use to negotiate new service agreements with your providers?
Gregory L. Ash, Partner - Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
Greg is a member of the firm's Employee Benefits Group and chair of its ERISA Litigation Group. Greg's practice has focused exclusively on ERISA and other laws governing employee benefits, including matters affecting pension, profit sharing, ESOP, 401(k), executive compensation and welfare plans.
Robert A. Browning, Partner - Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
Robert joined Spencer Fane in January 2008 as a partner in the Employee Benefits Group. Robert has specialized expertise in the tax and pension laws governing retirement, health and welfare, executive compensation and other employee benefit plans.
This series is brought to you by your Member Firm of United Benefit Advisors - a member-owned alliance of more than 140 premier independent benefit advisory firms and one of the nation's five largest employee benefits advisory organizations - and Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP, with offices throughout the Midwest and more than a century of experience providing legal counsel.