What Employers Need to Know about Offering and Terminating Employee Benefits
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
When an employer offers employee benefits, there are requirements to document the benefits, including who is eligible for the benefits, when employees are eligible, what benefits are available, when employees may add or drop benefits, and when employees' benefits may be terminated. Government regulations often require an employer to provide certain notices to employees. This webinar will help employers understand their responsibilities when offering and terminating employee benefits.
This webinar will:
- Review the basics of offering employee benefits
- Describe the information that should be included in the employee handbook and plan documents
- Discuss portability of certain benefits
- Discuss best practices in maintaining documentation, including written waivers and what to do when a waiver is not returned
- Describe when employee benefits may be terminated, including what to consider when an employee is receiving disability benefits
- Describe best practices when terminating benefits
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand their obligations when they offer and terminate employee benefits.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the day before the webinar.
Tabatha George is an associate in the New Orleans office of Fisher Phillips. She specializes in employee benefits, including retirement and welfare plans and healthcare reform. She has particular expertise in Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance, data breaches involving health information, and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Contact your local UBA Partner Firm to receive a complimentary registration for this informative presentation or visit www.UBAbenefits.com.