What Employers Need to Know About the DOL’s Association Health Plans Final Rule
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
2:00 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. P.T.
This webinar will provide an overview of the U.S. Department of Labor’s association health plans final rule and explain how small employers and certain self-employed individuals may join an association health plan (AHP).
This webinar will:
- Provide an overview of the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL’s) association health plans final rule.
- Discuss the pre-rule definition of “employer” and pre-rule guidance on association health plans.
- Describe how the association health plans final rule is different than pre-rule guidance.
- Discuss the challenges and potential solutions to forming a self-funded association health plan.
- Explain how states currently regulate association health plans and discuss how states may continue to regulate associations health plans, in light of the final rule.
- Discuss successful models of association health plans.
- Discuss how brokers can assist employers in joining or creating association health plans.
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand the advantages to joining an association health plan under the final rules.
Lorie Maring is Of Counsel in the Atlanta, Georgia, office of Fisher Phillips. She focuses her practice on helping employers navigate Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of their employee benefit plans and programs.
She regularly advises clients on the Affordable Care Act, health and welfare benefits, qualified plans, executive compensation, Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) and multiemployer plan issues.
Lorie also represents employers in managing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL) audits, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and fiduciary obligations. She serves clients in the public and private sector, including non-profit organizations and trade associations.
Contact your local UBA Partner Firm to receive a complimentary registration for this informative presentation or visit www.UBAbenefits.com.