IRS Play or Pay Reporting: The Final Countdown
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's (ACA) reporting requirements are rapidly approaching for employers with group health plans or with 50 or more full time or full time equivalent employees. During 2015, the IRS released a variety of FAQs. as well as draft and then final instructions for employers who are preparing to file. This webinar will provide an overview of all the information reporting guidance and instructions.
This webinar will:
- Review the 2015 final reporting forms and instructions, highlighting new information as compared to the 2014 forms and instructions
- Review the timing requirements for employers to submit forms to the IRS and to employees; as well as the new extension process
- Discuss the appropriate methods and best practices for providing employees with the forms
- Explain the difference in reporting requirements for small (less than 50 employees) and large (50 or more employees) employers, and self-funded versus fully insured
- Review line 22 of Form 1094-C and the four "certifications of eligibility" and when they apply
- Provide best practices on when employers merge
- Discuss how an employer reports on HRA coverage and stand-alone self-funded prescription drug coverage
- Provide best practices for controlled groups, including how to report when multiple members of a controlled group cover employees on one self-funded plan
This 90-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers determine the best practices for reporting in 2016.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the day before the webinar.
Kathleen R. Barrow is a Shareholder in the Rapid City, South Dakota, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She has designed welfare benefit plans and executive compensation arrangements, and has counseled sponsors and administrators of these types of plans, for 15 years.
Ms. Barrow actively participates in national coalitions of counsel that assist employers in defending audits of welfare and pension benefit plans. She advises clients and counsel across the country with regard to defined contribution arrangements that provide post-retirement health benefits to employees.
Contact your local UBA Partner Firm to receive a complimentary registration for this informative presentation or visit www.UBAbenefits.com.