Form 5500 Filing Requirements
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
Most employee benefit plans are required to file a Form 5500 annually, and penalties for not meeting this obligation can be costly. During this 90-minute basic-to-intermediate level webinar we will discuss:
- Which plans must file the Form 5500, and which plans are exempt because of size, plan sponsor or funding status
- Rules and options for combining plan benefits into one or several filings
- Filing due dates and extensions
- The basics of completing the main form and the schedules group plans commonly need
- Filing electronically
- Penalties and the delinquent filer program
- Areas of DOL and IRS emphasis in examining the Form 5500
- Areas of the Form 5500 that increase audit exposure/strategies to reduce risk
- Frequent errors in preparation of the Form 5500
The presentation slides will be posted on the UBA website the day before the webinar.
Randal M. Limbeck, Shareholder - Jackson Lewis P.C.
Randal M. Limbeck is a Shareholder in the Omaha office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He specializes in representation of clients in the areas of ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation. Mr. Limbeck has represented clients in a broad range of industries and size, with respect to design, document drafting, employee communications, litigation and assistance in dealings with the IRS and Department of Labor.
B. Tyler Philippi, Associate - Jackson Lewis P.C.
B. Tyler Philippi is an Associate in the Omaha office of Jackson Lewis P.C. Mr. Philippi represents clients encountering a variety of issues related to employee benefit plans including Internal Revenue Service and United States Department of Labor corrections, plan design and administration, and reporting and disclosure compliance. Prior to joining Jackson Lewis, Mr. Philippi worked as an Investigator for the United States Department of Labor's Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) in Chicago, Illinois.
Click HERE, or on the button at the right, to register for the webinar.
This series is brought to you by your Partner Firm of United Benefit Advisors -- the nation's leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in 45 states, Canada and the United Kingdom -- and Jackson Lewis P.C., founded in 1958, and dedicated to representing management exclusively in workplace law. Jackson Lewis P.C. is one of the fastest-growing workplace law firms in the United States with more than 700 attorneys practicing in 49 locations nationwide.