Legal Requirements of Voluntary Insurance Programs
Employer Webinar Series
Many employers offer voluntary insurance products to their employees. As employee benefits, these programs may need to meet the requirements of a number of laws, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Join us for this 75-minute intermediate level webinar to explore:
- The benefits of these programs to employers and employees
- When ERISA applies and how to fall within an available safe harbor
- When PPACA applies to voluntary benefits
- How and when reporting requirements and fees apply to these benefits
- How the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and state laws apply to voluntary benefits
Registration for this webinar will be available soon! Please regularly check the UBA website for details when this becomes available. The presentation slides will be posted on the UBA website the day before the webinar.
About the Presenter:
Joseph J. Lazzarotti is a Shareholder in the Morristown, New Jersey office of Jackson Lewis PC. He leads the firm's Privacy, e-Communication and Data Security Practice. He also is a member of the Employee Benefits Counseling and Litigation Practice Group and is a member of the Firm's Healthcare Reform Taskforce.
Mr. Lazzarotti advises employers and plan sponsors regarding the establishment, administration and operation of fully insured and self-funded health and welfare plans, which includes counseling concerning the Affordable Care Act, as well as assisting in the set-up of administrative and other arrangements with third-party administrators, claims administrators and other vendors