WEBINAR: Fiduciary Responsibilities under ERISA
Fiduciary Responsibilities under ERISA
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) lays out the definition and responsibilities of fiduciaries. Individuals who oversee employee benefit plans need to understand these requirements. In this 75-minute intermediate level webinar we will cover:
- How a person becomes a fiduciary
- The duties of a fiduciary (selecting and monitoring service providers, making sure contributions are made on time, providing required disclosures to plan participants, etc.)
- The importance of creating and following procedures
- The critical need to read and follow the plan
- Potential consequences of mismanaging fiduciary responsibilities
- Ways to manage fiduciary duties and risks
- Recent developments with fiduciary obligations
The webinar will focus on group health plan issues, but will also touch upon some of the additional issues that fiduciaries of retirement plans need to consider. As Department of Labor audits of benefit plans become more commonplace, this is a must-see webinar for anyone tasked with overseeing employee benefits.
About The Presenter:
Randall M. Limbeck is a Shareholder in the Omaha office of Jackson Lewis P.C. He specializes in representation of clients in the areas of ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation. Mr. Limbeck has represented clients in a broad range of industries and size with respect to design, document drafting, employee communications, litigation and assistance in dealings with the IRS and Department of Labor.
Register here for the webinar. The presentation slides will be posted on the UBA website the day before the webinar.