What Employers Need to Know When Going from Fully Insured to Self-Funded
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will cover what to consider when an employer is moving from being fully insured to self-funded
This webinar will:
- Describe the terms fully insured and self-funded
- Briefly describe the laws and regulations that govern self-funded plans
- Discuss the main differences between fully insured plans and self-funded plans from a compliance perspective
- Discuss who is responsible for HIPAA obligations, nondiscrimination testing, fees, ACA obligations, and documents such as the SBC
- Discuss state mandates regarding level funding, including exceptions granted by state laws
- Describe due diligence in level funding
- Discuss claims appeal issues
- Describe the timeframe for transitioning from fully insured to self-funded, including the documents that should be drafted or amended to complete the transition
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand how to go from fully insured to self-funded.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the day before the webinar.
Lorie Maring is Of Counsel in the Atlanta, Georgia, office of Fisher Phillips. She focuses her practice on helping employers navigate Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of their employee benefit plans and programs.
She regularly advises clients on the Affordable Care Act, health and welfare benefits, qualified plans, executive compensation, Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) and multiemployer plan issues.
Lorie also represents employers in managing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL) audits, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and fiduciary obligations. She serves clients in the public and private sector, including non-profit organizations and trade associations.
Contact your local UBA Partner Firm to receive a complimentary registration for this informative presentation or visit www.UBAbenefits.com.