If PPACA Were the Joneses, "Keeping Up" Would Be Hard to Do
By Dave Woodruff, Managing Partner
The A.I. Group, Inc., A UBA Partner Firm
Delay, delay, delay ... Error, delay, repeal. That seems to be the trend with health care reform, but it doesn't mean employers are exempt from compliance in 2015 or the requirements that remain in effect for 2014 under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Under PPACA, employers still have varying degrees of responsibility, based on number of employees, for providing health coverage that is both affordable and offers a minimum standard of coverage.
Tunnel vision on PPACA compliance, however, is not an optimal long-term employee benefits strategy. Moving beyond compliance to achieve greater control over health care benefits costs requires a broad-view approach coupled with in-depth analysis using benchmark data relevant to size, industry and region. Weighing your funding options, benefits packages and employee needs is no easy task, but the right tools can certainly get you started in the right direction.
United Benefit Advisors is hosting a webinar for HR professionals and employers titled "Health Care Reform: Options, Obligations and Opportunities" on Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013 at 2 p.m. ET. To register for this webinar, visit https://webinars.ubabenefits.com/tabid/1932/Default.aspx?wid=114 and enter code "UBAPOP" to receive the $149 discount. This webinar has been submitted to the Human Resource Certification Institute to qualify for 1.50 recertification credit hours.
The webinar will cover:
- Budgeting for potential penalties associated with PPACA's "Play or Pay" mandate
- Building a total compensation strategy to avoid the 40 percent excise tax on health plans
- Moving beyond PPACA compliance to achieve greater control over health care benefits costs
- Offering a greater range of benefit options to employees, including the new health FSA carryover option
- Establishing employee eligibility for federal insurance subsidies and tax credits
- Reviewing a timeline of the new federal regulations
- Maximizing opportunities presented by health care reform
Presenters will be Terriann Procida, President of Innovative Benefit Planning, and Mike Tate, Director of Business Development for Hanna Global. Both are experts working on the front lines of health care reform, private exchanges and health care cost strategies.